Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cheshire Cat-o-Lantern

My hubby and I carved pumpkins today. I know, a little last-minute, but, we still managed to do it before the holiday. I usually do the average jack-o-lantern face. This year, I chose a more ambitious design. I printed off a screen shot of the Cheshire cat from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland to use as inspiration, and drew it onto my pumpkin. And, I spent the next couple of hours carving. Now, my pumpkin initially had a bit of lean to it, and, after carving away so much of the front...it tips over backward if it isn't propped up! I didn't think it would be a problem before I started carving - I thought it would be cool to see the Cheshire cat's grin bobbing with the wind. No such luck. My hubby's pumpkin turned out really cool, too - it's the grim reaper. Our front porch is definitely a creepy place tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment