Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Last night at 11:30, I finished up the embroidery for my pillowcase swap. I sent the package this afternoon...it took two tries! The post office branch that I went to was closed for lunch the first time I stopped by. But, I'll post pictures this weekend after my partner receives her box of goodies.
On another note, I've been working on a doll using patterns by Patti Medaris Culea. Her body is sewn and stuffed and her eyes and head are all in place. I hand-painted with food coloring and spun up some wool for her hair, too. I intend her to be a water spirit in the form of a mermaid. Her arms and fingers are wired and she's constructed with batik-dyed cotton fabric. Her eyes are satin buttons that I colored with fabric markers and sealed with acrylic spray, and with real hair eyelashes. I still have to lightly needle-sculpt her face and add a sh*t-load of beading to her...from flukes to hairline. I think that she will be therapeutic, and I know that she'll be time-consuming.