Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Garlic Croutons

I was craving these today. Not that I got any...I don't have any bread made up. Boo! I thought that I'd share the recipe, though, in case some one else can enjoy them in my place. =)

Ingredients:
-day-old crusty yeast bread (baguette, French bread, etc.), I like to use home made yeast rolls; one large roll makes enough croutons to top about 6 salads
-two cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
-two to three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Mince garlic and, in a large bowl, stir it into the olive oil for several minutes. Remove the garlic from the oil and swirl the oil in the bowl to coat the sides. Set aside.

Slice the bread 1/4" thick; cut into bite-sized pieces. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated, 325 degree oven for 5-8 minutes.

Transfer the toasted bread to the bowl of oil and toss. When the bread is lightly coated with oil, take it back to the baking sheet. Toast an additional 5 or so minutes, or until golden brown.

...nomnomnomnom...

No comments:

Post a Comment