Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In Process...and NSFW

I haven't been finishing off many projects lately, but I haven't been totally idle. I started six more journals and finished half (so far). The quilt I started years ago, as a gift for my husband, is almost finished. I have another octopus amigurumi well on its way to being finished, half a ball of roving spun up, and an embroidery project started.

The embroidery is, by far, the most interesting project I have going right now. I'd post an in-process picture, but, my photo hosting site doesn't allow naughty language. I'll have to do some clever editing to get it up when it's finished. All I can do, for now, is tell you that it's a naughty word (obviously) surrounded by a pretty, 18th century-style floral scene. One of a series I designed and plan on embroidering. I have some florals that aren't naughty at all, but where's the fun in that? I'm attempting to simulate the techniques of silk embroidery, though I'm just using DMC cotton floss. I've used three plies to do the lettering and border design, and I'm doing the filled areas with two plies and satin stitch. It took me about an hour to do one of the larger flower petals, but the results are so cool!

Totally off-topic, but, I love Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure! I just saw Napoleon throw a gutter-ball and get kicked out of a bowling alley. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment