Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Destash Necklace


I've been trying to reduce the clutter in our house. What does that have to do with this necklace? you might be wondering. Well, I was looking at my craft room the other day, thinking that I had a ton of supplies for crafts that I rarely do anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to try to reduce my stash by making items that I'd actually use. I used up a lot of my charms and chains on this piece. Nowhere near all of them, but, a significant dent in the bunch, none the less.

I used washers, nuts, fossils, shells, pearls, gears, keys, crystals, beads, brass stampings, a locket, a cameo, and anything else that caught my eye. The theme of this necklace is light and dark...hence, the color separation. I have a feeling it will be a perpetual work-in-progress as I change the charms around and add new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment