Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy Hands

I've been trying really hard to not begin any new projects without finishing the ones that are already in-process. Yeah. I haven't been succeeding at that. Now, I only have three projects going right now...a queen-sized quilt and two dolls...but, I've completed no fewer than twenty-seven items since the first of the year. Since last Friday, I have made four hats and finished off some yarn.

The hats vary in size, depending on how many scraps I had that were similar. I tried to keep all the yarn in each hat of the same weight. Overall, I'm really happy with them as an exercise in stash-busting. I'm hoping to do a craft show in the next year, so they're contributing to my stock. Of course, they may just end up as gifts.

I picked up the fiber for this yarn at the Michigan Fiber Festival last August. It's about 4 ounces of a merino-silk-bamboo blend. It's about 330 yards and averages 13-14 wpi. I'm sending it to my mom as an early Mother's Day gift. It was such a dream to spin and it'll be difficult to part with. Guess I'll have to get more this summer. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment