Saturday, May 5, 2012

Personal Time

Holy cow! It's been a month since I posted!

I've realized that babies leave you very little time to do anything other than barely take care of yourself. But, looking into those big, beautiful eyes tends to erase thoughts of sleep, food, or personal hygiene.

I did take a little time for myself this week to fix a necklace that I made last year. The main focal bead (natural shell) was falling apart and needed replacing, and there were a couple beads that were in positions that I didn't like anymore. I added a few more pearls and crystals, too. I wish I had taken a 'before' picture, but, alas...





I have been intrigued by Gibbous Fashions for quite a while now, and I've been dreaming of my very own Gibbous dress for months. So, I took the plunge this week by bleaching and washing some ugly old dresses that my mother sent to me years ago. These were some seriously hideous, matronly, shapeless dresses...rayon prints, poor construction, ankle-length, and definitely not something appropriate for a fashion-conscious twenty-something. It's rather cathartic destroying them to make something that I might actually like. But, that's part of the Gibbous spirit... taking something that has become useless and giving it a new life as something that will be loved and cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment