Thursday, September 8, 2011

Silk = Love

My niece turned 18 last month, so I wanted to make her something special. I also wanted to avoid anything that might be less-than-cool. Fingerless gloves seemed an obvious choice...not too difficult or time-consuming, but still very chic. To make them even more special, I went to my local, slightly over-priced yarn shop to get nice yarn. I picked up a skein of Cascade Heritage Silk in a deep purple color. I also bought some in silvery gray for another project. This is a truly lovely yarn - the blend of superwash wool and silk is so soft with a beautiful sheen. I was very pleased with how the gloves turned out - soft, with just enough stretch. My niece liked them and I hope they'll keep her little hands warm during those harsh UP winters. This yarn is also great for teenagers because you can basically just rinse it off, press the water out in a towel, and lay flat to dry. Easy peasy. The pattern for the gloves is free, and can be found here. (You have to sign into Lion Brand Yarn's site, but it's free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment