Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Directions

I love so many different crafts that I have a hard time focusing my energies in any one direction. I've come to the conclusion that if I don't know who I am, then no one else really knows, either. The last couple of weeks have been hard for me because I feel lost (creatively speaking).

I feel spread too thin with the things that I want to do. Not really surprising when you consider all the crafts that I do on a regular basis: spinning, dyeing, needle-felting, crochet, sewing, jewelery-making, doll-making, book-binding, quilting, embroidery... I need to decide what crafts are for me, and which ones I'd like to share (via my Etsy shop). I get such positive feedback on all of my crafts that it makes me happy to share them all, but...I feel scattered...uninspired. Like a Jane-of-all-trades, master of none.

I'm currently working on two new dolls for my Etsy shop. They are tall, slender elves from the same pattern that I made for the Peacock Elf, and, like that doll, they will be clothed with considerable detail. I love creating dolls, though I'm often strapped for inspiration, and I find that dressing them is fairly frustrating. This is really the direction that I would love to take with my shop. I think. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment