Friday, April 17, 2009

I Dyed This Week


I spent a lot of time this week dyeing and spinning. So much fun! I mixed up every color of Wilton's food coloring that I had and even combined a couple. I learned an important lesson about acidity and food dyes...and now I can experiment with fractured colors! In fact, the 'purple' that I dyed ended up looking like a Blue Jay's feathers. So pretty! I can't wait to see how that spins up. I had to re-dye the red. It was neon pink after the first dye, and far too difficult to look at. I added some blue to soften up the red a bit the second time around. I'm intending the roving I dyed green/blue/purple for doll hair on a mermaid that I'm working on... It matches my fabric almost perfectly. =)
And, I spun up the extra yarn that SSS threw in my order. Some awesome black wool with turquoise and white mohair accents.

(I'll post pictures once I make them smaller... =/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment