My customer gave me a bit of direction and pretty much let me run with it. I used my own doll pattern, and made patterns for the clothes after the doll was made.
The hair is handspun wool, dyed with coffee. I love the color of it!
She asked that the eyes be different colors, so I bought safety eyes, sanded off the previous color, and repainted them with nail polish. Nail polish comes in the greatest colors with a lot of depth and sparkle.
The clothes are Victorian-inspired. I used a gorgeous satin brocade for the bodice. It laces up the back with grosgrain ribbon. Those eyelets were so nerve wracking! I was afraid of distorting the fabric after spending so much time making the garment. But, I had used fusible interfacing, and that seemed to minimize any distortion caused by making the holes for the eyelets. The skirts are gold dupioni silk trimmed with vintage lace.
Overall, I'm so happy with how the doll turned out. It's been so long since I finished a new doll, and I was pleased that I was able to take it from start to finish in three weeks. Now, I just have to finish that quilt before my little one gets here!