Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Comfortably Numb

Shortly after I received half a pound of beautiful, hand-painted wool from Superhooker in a swap, I nearly cut off my finger with a steak knife. Of course, it had to be one of my index fingers. *sigh* Needless to say, I wasn't spinning anything for a while.

I'm 3.5 months healed, but I still have some loss of sensation in the finger...and a wicked scar. The doctors said that the ~1 cm wide, ~2 cm deep wound hadn't severed the nerves (WOW!), so I've got that going for me. I may, eventually, regain all of the feeling in that finger. I'm so used to it now, though, that I rarely notice the numbness anymore.

Yesterday, I decided to end the stand-off with my spindle, and started pre-drafting some of that gorgeous fiber. Yay! My finger still remembers how to draft! Back to spinning just in time for the Michigan Fiber Festival this weekend in Allegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment