Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time For Planting

We're having another go at a vegetable and flower garden. This will be our third, and, hopefully our most successful, year of gardening. Growing up, I only had ornamental plants, so this is an adventure that I've only recently embarked upon...growing food. It's so rewarding!

Anyway...we planted all of the plants that will need transplanting...peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, eggplant, etc. Some of them will go into our garden plot, others will be part of a container garden on the patio. I figure I'll be better inclined to take care of plants that aren't that far of a walk...so, at least some have to be close. I sincerely hope my desire to have a crop to harvest will outweigh my tendencies to procrastinate my plants to death. =)

We've also ordered raspberry bushes and a small blueberry plant from Gurney's. Even when it's in season, I can never seem to find fruit in the grocery stores around here that isn't hours away from rotting (or rotting already), so this will be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment